Wednesday 8 March 2017

International Women's Day

Image result for girls
Image from Wikimedia Commons
International Women's Day celebrates the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women and is there to accelerate gender equality. Since the day was first celebrated in the early 1900's, it's given women all over the world a chance to speak out and have their voices heard.

I'm marking the day by sharing my favourite quotes from some of my favourite women:


"Your self-worth is determined by you. You don't have to depend on someone telling you who you are." - Beyonce

"Let's be very clear: Strong men - men who are truly role models - don't need to put down women to make themselves feel powerful. People who are truly strong lift each other up. People who are truly powerful bring others together." - Michelle Obama

"I'm doing to do what I want to do. I'm going to be who I really am. I'm going to figure out what that is." - Emma Watson

"There's something so special about a woman who dominates in a man's world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer." - Rihanna

"If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman." - Margaret Thatcher

"I speak not for myself but  for those without a voice... those who have fought for their rights... their right to live in peace, their right to be treated with dignity, their right to equality of opportunity, their right to be educated." - Malala Yousafzai

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amie Rhone. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig