Saturday 22 August 2015

Loving London



I love visiting London. Compared to the small town I live in, everything is exaggerated! The people, atmosphere, shopping, attractions and things to do leave you wanting more and more; it's never a boring trip.

Before I went on holiday, I went to London for the day with Ollie and his family. We headed off really early so I slept most of the way down but we decided to park at Westfields and walk into town. I'd never been to Westfields shopping centre and didn't know what to expect but it's great; probably the same size as the bullring with loads of variety of shops and tens of restaurants to choose from.

Walking into town was fun. It was such a warm day which was lovely as we strolled through Kensington and Hyde Park - ending up at Harrods. I could really spend all day in Harrods, I love everything and if I had enough money, would absolutely love to walk in and buy a couple of really nice items. There's just so much choice and everything is amazing!




Once we'd finished browsing, we walked from Harrods to Piccadilly Circus and from there to Trafalgar Square. We wish we'd have had a look around Carnaby Street now but at the time, it was nice to just walk around, taking it all in. Neither of us bought anything but we go shopping so much that being somewhere different, it really didn't make a difference to us! Ollie's family had gone to look at the Audrey Hepburn exhibition which sounded fascinating so we met up with everyone else just before our restaurant reservation, so we could talk about it all there.

Finishing off the day with a huge meal at Planet Hollywood, we were too tired (and full!) for the walk back, so grabbed a taxi back to the car and headed home! It was a brilliant day and I can't wait to go back again at Christmas time - making sure we don't forget that bit of extra shopping time!!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amie Rhone. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig