Wednesday 1 July 2015

The love of lipsticks


I can't leave the house without a lipstick, it's definitely the one makeup item that I love. With so many different shades, colours and types, any one you choose will be sure to make a statement.
Summer is the perfect time to invest in that great lipstick; with most lipsticks having SPF and lipstick being one of the makeup items you can wear all year round, even when you aren't wearing foundation.

So, here's just a few of my must haves when it comes to lips:

  • Red Lipstick

A red lipstick is perfect for pairing with tanned skin and instantly glams up any outfit. Brilliant for day time with simple white clothes or to brighten up a summer night. My favourite is Bobby Brown's Sweet Nectar.

  • Nude Lipstick

For when you want to make a statement with your eyes. A nude lipstick looks good but doesn't look too much. Again, Bobby Brown's Pink Apricot Shimmer gives that bit of gold glow but is subtle enough for when you want to tone it down.

  • An every-day lipstick

I make sure I wear lipstick everyday and pink is usually the safest colour to go for. My must have is MAC's Sweetie but for when I want it to last longer and look more matte, I go for my all-time favourite Smashbox's Primrose.

  • Lipgloss

I haven't always liked lip gloss as I prefer a matte look to my lips but when I received a lip gloss set for Christmas, I started to like the look a bit more. My favourite is Soap and Glory's lipgloss crayon in Raplumzel. The darker shade is lovely by itself or on top of lipstick.

  • Lip liner

I never thought about lipliner really until I went into MAC and realised how many people lusted over making their lips look fuller (thanks, Kylie Jenner). I adore MAC's Soar liner but for everyday use, it has to be Rimmel's Exaggerate in Eastend Snob.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amie Rhone. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig