Friday 10 July 2015

Bellbroughton lunching


My day off work yesterday meant only one thing, catching up with Nan and Grandad after their holiday. I hadn't seen them in ages!

We went for lunch at The Bell in Bellbroughton and I can't wait to go back already - the food was amazing. I had a chicken dish with a lemon, honey and chilli jus and roquito peppers and pea shoots. It was delicious.
For pudding, I decided on the damson, plum and apple shortbread crumble. Mmmmm. I usually go for something chocolatey, but, I fancied something a bit different and this was definitely a good choice. Maybe next time I'll opt of the salted caramel chocolate pot. 
The presentation of the food was very good, and made it even more enjoyable. The pub was quiet and the choice of wine/ciders and cocktails was endless - it's a good job I was driving later, I would have definitely struggled to choose.

Unfortunately, the lighting above me did not do the food justice!!!




After consuming all of those calories, we decided to head to a local country park to go on a walk. Well, that's what we had in mind anyway. It started off well and we followed all of the signs, leading us over the top of a hill and down the other side. 

Grandad, however, decided that we seemed too close to the motorway and picked our route for the way back. After getting stranded in a field full of cows, we started the climb up another hill. It wasn't until we got to the top we realised there were no gates or stiles, and had to climb over barbed wire fences ourselves, in what we thought was the direction of the start.

After nearly an hour of climbing over fences and in my case, getting my foot cut and bitten by insects, we made it back. Just an hour later than planned!



It was a lovely day out and I will definitely be returning to The Bell for another lunch out soon. Maybe I'll just miss the field walking next time...

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amie Rhone. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig