Thursday 30 July 2015

DIY: Holiday nails


I love preparing for going on holiday. Gradual tan, eyebrow and eyelash tints, waxing, nails, shopping!! It builds up your excitement and definitely makes the lead up to your holiday a lot less boring!
This year, I wanted to try something a bit different.

At Christmas, I opted for a sparkly nail to get into the festive spirit. For just £2.49, I received just as many compliments as I would have with £30 acrylic nails. A couple of months ago, I spotted these flamingo print nails in Primark for just £1 and thought that they might work just as well.


Buying nail glue costs around £2 from any shop and lasts around 1-2 weeks before the nail comes off. My initial thoughts would be that maybe the nails would be too cheap and maybe too good to be true, but, so far, as I've applied them with a better nail glue, they have stayed on very well.

The overall look of the nail is summery and fun, without being too bold. I paired the pink-printed look with a baby pink nail varnish for my toes and the two match very well. The colour does go with everything and is subtle enough to wear with printed clothes but can add more detail to a plain outfit.
For a bargain price, I will definitely be purchasing these again!!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amie Rhone. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig