Wednesday 10 June 2015

The test: Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit


From J-Lo to Pixie Lott, Taylor Swift to Millie Mackintosh, contouring is everywhere at the moment. But can good contouring be done on a budget? I purchased this Barry M contour kit to try out the latest trend - and to see if contouring can still look good without breaking the bank.


I started by applying just a thin layer of my every-day foundation. You can either contour underneath or on top of foundation and I found this set works better on top. The easy-to-follow steps inside the kit make it so easy to contour the right shade in the right place. However, you only need a tiny bit of the creme on your brush/sponge - it goes a long way!


This was half way through putting on the creme, I'd only done half my face! It is easier to put it all on first, and then blend, so you can see what you have done and make it symmetrical on both sides. You can add more once you have blended, to get your desired look.

After blending and adding a bit more, I was more than happy with how it looked. The creme is really good and gives you a lovely golden glow, perfect for summer and nights out. The only small downside would be that for my skin, the highlighter is a little too dark, but adding concealer sorted this out.
I then added bronzer onto my cheeks and mattifying powder onto the highlighted sections.

For only £6.49, I definitely achieved the look I was hoping to and would recommend this product to anyone looking for a budget, good quality contour set!


     

Face
Foundation: No.7 Beautifully Matte
Concealer: Rimmel Hide the Blemish
Contour: Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour kit
Powder: Maybelline Matte Maker 
Bronzer: Soap and Glory Peach Party

Eyes
Brows: Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in black/brown
Eye liner: Soap and Glory Supercat
Mascara: MAC Studio Fix Boldblack Lash

Lips
Liner: Rimmel Exaggerate in 'Eastend Snob'
Lipstick: Smashbox Be Legendary in 'Primrose'

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amie Rhone. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig