Friday 18 September 2015

The return of This is England


As soon as I saw the new This is England '90 series advertised, I knew it was going to be good.

I first watched This is England when I was about 16, after hearing so much about it. The Shane Meadows film became one of my favourites and so I decided to research it and write about it for both my GCSE and A-Level media exams. 
I soon became addicted and watched the series', following on from the film. The series' are just as good as the film, nothing has changed from the acting and the direction and I think that's what makes it so good.

So, on Sunday night, I couldn't wait to see what This is England '90 had in store.
Following the lives of Woody, Shaun, Milky and their friends, the series is centred around the skinhead group and their reality; jobs, relationships, life in the Midlands.
What makes This is England so good is the reality of the characters, you can relate to every single one of them. The innocence of Shaun, the relationship between Woody and Lol and the tight friendships that they all hold are things that everyone has been through.

My favourite thing about not only this new series but the film and previous series' is the scripting. Shane Meadows has an art for not only writing and creating brilliant storylines and characters, but making it seem effortless and real.
Along with the writing, the audience can really identify with the storylines. From heartache to betrayal, This is England focuses on the importance of real-life storylines and captures the true feelings and situations that occurred at the time.

The first episode from this last series did not disappoint. The same brilliant acting, writing and hilarious storylines that we all know and love are back for good. 
Without a doubt, the best series on TV.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amie Rhone. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig