Wednesday 9 September 2015

Back to uni essentials



I am so so excited to be going back to uni! But making sure I have everything organised is confusing me already. 
Obviously living at home I don't have to buy all my housing items or food which has saved me soooo much money! Although in second year most people, even moving to a student house, already have all the necessary things they need for home living!

But here's my essentials for university that you'll need whether you live at home or not!

1. Stationary

Oh my gosh. You won't realise how much you write until you start your course. For me especially doing journalism, the amount of writing is unbelievable. I tend to write more than type, I find that it helps me remember things more, as well as colour coordinating and drawing diagrams.
I always make sure my stationary is colourful and interesting, it definitely makes things a bit more exciting during lectures!

2. Laptop

I don't think I'd have coped last year without my laptop. I bought it while I was still at sixth form and it took me a whole year to save for (minimum wage really does suck!) but it is without a doubt the most worthwhile purchase I have ever made. But, just a tip, don't buy Microsoft Office before heading to uni, lots of uni's now offer it for free! I spend last year using my 'pages' and 'keynote' apps, which are alright but since getting Office, writing essays and putting together presentations has become so so much easier.

3. Clothes

I love shopping, especially for clothes, and I never thought that going to uni would require so much thought when it came to what to wear. My lecture hall can be absolutely freezing during the winter so I decided to purchase a proper winter coat. I wore it almost every day to uni and it's so comfortable. It sounds silly, but when sitting in the same spot for 3 hours, all you want is comfy clothes! Definitely invest in a couple of comfy jumpers and some decent shoes!

4. Diary

Starting university really made me become so much more organised! Sorting out folders, a daily commute, loads of extra work  and juggling a part-time job has really helped me with my routine. I didn't have a diary last year and wrote down all of my extra work and essay titles in a note on my phone. This wasn't great for remembering what exactly to do so this year, I've decided to buy a diary which will 100% help me with being even more organised when it comes to work.

5. Bag

If you're like me and hate carrying round loads of different bags, invest in one big, sturdy handbag for your first week of uni! You'll be surprised with how much stuff you have to take with you; folders, stationary, papers, books and sometimes taking your laptop for after-lecture studies. It will all start piling up so one giant 'uni bag' will keep all your work together!


I hope this helps and good luck if you're starting uni this year, you will absolutely love it.
I'd love to hear from anyone with questions or tips on uni life...
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amie Rhone. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig