Monday 17 August 2015

Holiday destination: Lesbos


I've just returned from my annual family holiday and this year, we tried somewhere a bit different. I'd heard of Lesvos and absolutely love exploring Greece and the Greek islands, but still didn't know exactly what to expect.

It was one of the most relaxing holidays I have ever been on. The intense heat left me wanting to just sit by the pool, sip cocktails and enjoy walks along the calm beach, which was directly in front of the hotel. As holiday destinations go, this is also one of the quietest I have ever been to. The tiny village of Skala Kalloni was just a two minute walk from our hotel and had around 15 tavernas, a couple of shops and a small boating harbour. Perfect to get away from it all.



At night was when you could see the popularity of the small holiday spot. The tavernas bustling, a brilliant atmosphere crept upon the village square. A lot of Greek destinations find themselves swamped in British, German and French tourists but I didn't find that here. Greek families filled the restaurants, beach and bars, creating a friendly, traditional set-up.

My favourite restaurants were definitely Caprice and Ambrosia, where we were spoilt with food, drink and a LOT of watermelon! Ambrosia's was more traditional; serving the best moussaka and kleftiko I have ever had. Caprice was a more modern restaurant, with pasta and fish dishes to die for - along with their passion fruit martini's!

A fantastic place for a totally relaxed, traditional holiday.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amie Rhone. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig