Monday 13 February 2017

10 places I want to visit before I'm 30

Image from Tumblr
I love travelling. Career and education options have meant that I don't have a free 6 months to actually leave the UK and explore the world but that doesn't stop me from visiting as many different countries as possible, immersing myself into different cultures and dreaming of a couple of weeks away. Travelling is my main motivation. When I had a part-time job, any extra shifts I saw as an addition to my holiday fund or spending money for an upcoming holiday. Now, I save as much money as possible and think ahead... places I want to visit in the near future and which destinations will be best for me once I start teaching!

I love looking ahead and setting a holiday as my ambition, whether it be saving for a couple of years for a long-haul dream holiday or looking forward to a well needed European break. Turning 30 seems a million miles away right now, but it's only 9 years and will probably fly by. So, here's my 10 (maybe a bit too optimistic) destinations I would love to travel to before I turn 30:


1. Rome

I always wanted to travel through Italy but I don't think that will be possible for now. I'd love to still travel to Italy and have a lot of Italian destinations on my 'to do' list, with Rome being the first one. Starting in the Capital seems like a good idea and there's plenty to see and do; architecture, shopping, culture and food, not to forget a trip to watch Roma (with strict instructions: 'we HAVE to go before Totti retires'). Better get booking up then!

2. Cambodia

Cambodia looks absolutely incredible. Ideally, I'd love to do a multi-centre trip, stopping in either Vietnam or Thailand too, as it works out much cheaper than visiting the countries at different times. However, Cambodia is probably number 1 on the list, specifically, Angkor Wat. Just looking at images and other posts about this amazing temple complex is enough to want to visit.

3. Morocco

Marrakech is a destination that I seem to always be on the lookout for. You can grab some bargains at secluded Riads which lie down maze-like side streets, close to the hustle and bustle of the centre. I'd love to explore the incredible mosques, palaces and gardens that this city has to offer, not to mention the traditional marketplaces where you can find brilliant hidden gems.

4. Madrid

Madrid is another city that I've always wanted to travel to, especially since my uncle moved out there. There's plenty to see and do, from tasty restaurants to traditional markets and I can easily do this city on a budget from all the suggestions and tips I've received from my family!

5. Odessa

This one may seem a little unusual, but I seem to have fallen for this city since reading about what it has to offer. The Southern Ukrainian city has some of the most beautiful beaches and the grand Primorsky Boulevard, which lies parallel to the ocean, is lined with impressive mansions and monuments. Seriously picturesque, and the weather's not bad in the summer too.

6. Mauritius

Another holiday destination that we nearly booked up for this year, but decided against, is Mauritius. However, it's still somewhere I would absolutely love to visit for many reasons; the culture, food, beaches and beautiful scenery. One of those 'once in a lifetime' holidays full of luxurious beaches, exquisite food and pinch-yourself moments.

7. Dublin

Staying a little closer to home for this one! Dublin has always been somewhere I'd like to give a go for a long weekend away. My best friend visited last year and family have also told me about their drunken Dublin adventures, and it seems like the perfect place to escape to. There's plenty to do; shopping, sights, pubs and restaurants, the ideal weekend getaway.

8. Florence

My second Italian escape on the list is Florence. I recently watched a television programme on the Tuscan city and it just made my decision even clearer. It's full to the brim with culture, art and architecture and looks insanely beautiful from every angle. Perhaps a little quieter than Rome, but that doesn't stop it from being just as cultural and ideal for a couple's holiday.

9. Jamaica

My Mum often speaks of her holiday's to Jamaica and it gives me serious holiday envy. From the famous Dunns River Falls to Kingston Town, Seven Mile beach to the secluded Miracle Spring, the picturesque island seems so inclusive and I'd love to explore the wonders it has to offer.

10. Moscow

I never thought I loved cities as much as beach holidays... until I wrote this list. There's a definite theme developing! Moscow is another wonderfully pretty city that I want to visit, for many reasons. The city seems to wow visitors with its majesty and history, not to mention it's wonderful landmarks and impressive skyline.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amie Rhone. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig