Monday 1 May 2017

What I would tell my younger self

Image from Pixabay

I wish I knew what I knew now when I was younger. Although I'm only 20 and still have a lot to learn, there's plenty of things I wish I would have known while I was at school. When you're a teenager, it seems as though you're the only person who has ever had to go through anything and when things happen for the first time, it seems as though there's no-one to turn to or any advice that is ever good enough. 

The first thing I would tell my younger self would be that it's ok not to be ok. It's a quote that I live by and I really believe in. It's ok to cry, it's okay to feel lonely and it's ok to want to be alone. Everyone has down days and sometimes, things just don't work out the way you want them to but it's ok, because everything will always get better - whether you believe it or not.

In addition, everything will work out in the end. Another motto I live by is 'everything happens for a reason' and if you're stuck thinking nothing's going right, if your plans change or if an outcome isn't what you were expecting, there's no need to worry. Everything always works out in the end and you'll see that maybe, things that don't go to plan might actually turn out for the best.


Another piece of advice I'd have told my younger self is to be organised. Since being at uni, I've been super organised with everything; work, assignments, commuting, work experience. But at school I was the opposite, probably focusing more on a social life than work and I wish I'd have put much more effort and organisation into school, especially at Sixth Form. Although things didn't turn out how I wanted at the time, since leaving school everything seems to have worked out for the best which is brilliant, but having a plan could have prevented some of the journeys I had to take in order to be where I am now.

To finish - don't settle for anything less than you deserve. It may seem that the job, boyfriend, opportunities etc you are given at the time may seem like the best thing that's ever happened to you and that might be the case. But if you have a gut feeling about something, it's usually right. Get rid of anything that's damaging you as a person and if that will make you unhappy at the time, think about your future and whether changing habits now will enhance your future for the better.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amie Rhone. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig