Wednesday 7 October 2015

Destination deliberation: My holiday list


With the best of the summer behind us and the dark nights looming, I can't help but think about holidays. What I would do to be back in the sunshine with a cool cocktail in my hand, taking in every moment of a new place.

I spent the other night researching into which places I would love to travel to. Not only typical beach holiday destinations, but places of interest and something's that are that little bit different.
It didn't take me long to come up with a well-constructed list of the destinations that would be a dream to visit; from the temples of Angkor Wat to the sand dunes of Dubai, every place would be a  completely different experience.

As much as I enjoy a two week beach break and looking around resorts, taking a trip to somewhere more cultural and becoming part of a country for a period of time is a lot more inspiring. 
Specific European cities that I have always wanted to go to hold a top spot on my list, the architecture and feel of a city is so different to anything else. 
Travelling further afield to Asia and Australia is something I have always dreamt of doing, spending time around different locations, throwing myself into every experience possible and being able to live every moment would be incredible.
America is a huge dream for me. In less than 11 weeks I will be taking my first trip there to see the sights of New York and I can't explain how excited I am. It will be the biggest holiday I have ever been on and one of the places I have always dreamt of visiting. There are a number of places in the USA that have made their way onto my list, all for different reasons, and I can't wait to cross my first one off!

Obviously my dream list doesn't come cheap, some of the holidays would cost thousands, but they're not places I would think about going twice to. Once in a lifetime opportunities that I know would take years of saving, but who wants to go through life not fulfilling their aspirations? I want to travel. As far as I can and experiencing as much as I can.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amie Rhone. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig