Thursday 1 December 2016

Winter, it's a love hate thing...

Image fom Pexels

It's that time of the year again. Leaves are falling off trees, you're trying to find the perfect winter coat and everybody is suddenly talking about Christmas!

Personally, I have a massive love/hate relationship with winter. Hopefully, you'll be able to see why I have such a dilemma...


LOVE

1. Cosy winter nights

The most appealing thing about winter is curling up in front of the fire with a hot chocolate. There's something appealing about the idea of staying in, lighting lots of candles and watching a classic Christmas film.

2. Christmas adverts

I absolutely love watching Christmas adverts and I think they get better every year. The biggest high-street stores competing for the best storyline and song makes the build-up to Christmas just that little bit more exciting. And FYI, my faves this year have to be Marks and Spencer, Heathrow and Sainsbury's.

3. Festive spirit

The build-up to Christmas may outweigh all of my winter 'hates', as nothing makes me happier than walking down the high-street and seeing all of the Christmas lights. Christmas is such a brilliant excuse for a night out, shopping dates and a trip to the races.

4. Christmas music

I'm not talking about the latest cheesy pop song that arrives every December. I mean traditional Christmas songs; The Pogues, Wham! and Mariah... just to name a few. If they don't get you in the Christmas spirit, then I don't know what will.


5. Food

Winter is the best time to indulge in all your favourite food, especially when pigs in blankets are on offer. A Sunday in winter is not complete without sleeping until you're hungry, and then eating until you're sleepy.

  HATE

1. It's freezing

I am the worst when it comes to feeling the cold; my dressing gown is my best friend. The idea of going out and having fun is brilliant and, don't get me wrong, I love Christmas dinners and late-night shopping, but I can never, ever, no matter how many layers I put on, keep warm.

2. And not just that...

THE RAIN. I'm writing this during a washout, one that has lasted around 4 days. It makes my bed seem more appealing than ever and the idea of walking into town or going on a night out in a dress seem awful.

3. Layers

I love buying a winter coat every year and always spend quite a lot on the right one. For one reason only; it's all you ever see. The 4 layers I have on underneath, however nice they may be, will never appear in daylight. Layering is such a waste of clothes!

5. Mince pies

Ewwwwwww. Stollen, mince pies and Christmas pudding. Probably my three least favourite puddings ever all come at once! Just pass me some chocolate and I'll be on my way...
SHARE:

1 comment

© Amie Rhone. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig